Thursday, January 28, 2016

Sherry Cobbler

You have to be in the right mood for this sherry drink. You want a rich sipper that is not too alcoholic and will last you a while? Go ahead. It's not great for multiple tipples in one night, and might be improved by the quality of sherry used. I do think it is worthwhile for a holiday occasion when it's cold outside and you are mingling in a large party. It won't make you too tipsy but it is attractive and sociable.

Cobblers are an old fashioned cocktail that make use of a wine spirit and sugar. I think of them as dessert cocktails like eggnog. Amontillado sherry is definitely good after dinner.
  • 4 oz. Amontillado sherry
  • 1/2 tsp. triple sec. 
  • 1/2 tsp sugar
  • lemon twist
  • pineapple spear
Add triple sec and sugar syrup to a wine goblet full of ice. Stir until the glass begins to frost over. Pour sherry over the ice and add lemon twist and pineapple spear garnishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your interest in my Jolly Bartender project. I will do my best to respond as quickly as possible to your request or comment. If you would like to contact me about bartending for your event or setting up a home bar, write to me at nathanwilkinson04@yahoo.com