Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Little Devil

This little drink, that might be better named White Devil, is the most deadly of the Devil cocktails. It is a full 3 1/2 oz. of 80 proof liquor. Rum seems to be a common ingredient in Devil cocktails because of its potency and reputation for violence. Susan Cheever, in her book Drinking In America, says, "Rum was both a gift from God and an invitation to dance with the devil." Maybe the drink isn't the Little Devil of its namesake: drink more than one of these and you will become a minor imp.

The flavor is softer and sweeter than you'd expect. That much triple sec means that the lemon juice is balanced out and the gin less predominant. I don't know what this says about me, but I think this is my favorite Devil Cocktail.
  • 2 oz. gin
  • 1 1/2 oz. light rum
  • 1 oz. triple sec
  • 1/4 oz. lemon juice
Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice. Shake and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your interest in my Jolly Bartender project. I will do my best to respond as quickly as possible to your request or comment. If you would like to contact me about bartending for your event or setting up a home bar, write to me at nathanwilkinson04@yahoo.com