Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Black Devil

I love the look of this cocktail. It's clear and creepy and totally sinister. The Black Devil is the first of the Devil cocktails that can actually get you drunk quickly, though the portions are somewhat diminished. It's stronger even than the Red Devil, which has an ounce of orange juice and is more wet and bitter. This imp is dry and the black olive does nothing for the flavor--it's all for the look. If you want to make it more interesting, use a kalamata olive for a drink that's a little more gourmet and a little less presentation.
  • 2 oz. white rum
  • 1/2 oz. dry vermouth
  • black olive
Stir all ingredients except olive in a mixing glass with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with the olive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your interest in my Jolly Bartender project. I will do my best to respond as quickly as possible to your request or comment. If you would like to contact me about bartending for your event or setting up a home bar, write to me at nathanwilkinson04@yahoo.com