Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Miami Beach Cocktail

It's unseasonably warm in D.C. right now, so I am doing more and more drinks that have fall-ish ingredients but are good hot weather coolers. The Miami Beach Cocktail is a strange one, and close to a Brigadoon (the Scottish appellation of the drink: equal parts scotch, vermouth and grapefruit juice strained in a cocktail glass.) Depending on the scotch you use, and I recommend a lightly peated blend, you can adjust the richness of the drink.
  • 2 oz. scotch
  • 1 1/2 oz. dry vermouth
  • 2 oz. grapefruit juice
Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice. Shake and pour into a highball glass (wine goblet shown.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your interest in my Jolly Bartender project. I will do my best to respond as quickly as possible to your request or comment. If you would like to contact me about bartending for your event or setting up a home bar, write to me at nathanwilkinson04@yahoo.com