Saturday, September 26, 2015

Hugo Bracer

I'm doing a few brandy and grenadine drinks lately, and it is surprising how many there are. The obscure Hugo series of drinks uses lime juice with grenadine in place of sugar as a sweetener. This changes the color to a brilliant red despite the brownness of the Picon. This drink was very tart and I felt that upping the alcohol content (perhaps with 1/4 oz. of 100-proof vodka and a dash more Picon) improved the balance without making it too sweet.
  • 1 oz. apple brandy
  • 1 oz. lime juice
  • 1/2 oz. grenadine
  • 1/2 oz. Amer Picon (Picon Biere used)
Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice. Shake and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your interest in my Jolly Bartender project. I will do my best to respond as quickly as possible to your request or comment. If you would like to contact me about bartending for your event or setting up a home bar, write to me at nathanwilkinson04@yahoo.com