Sunday, June 7, 2015

Lugger

The Lugger is a brandy cocktail with three different brandy flavors. Unfortunately, it is fairly bland when you use dry, pale brandies. The recipe calls for a large portion of plain brandy, and it is a stiff drink overall, which might provide the lug in Lugger. (Update 2017: a lugger is a small sailing ship with three or four masts flying a lugsail.) I recommend using more apricot brandy than this calls for (floating it chilled on top of the glass rather than shaking it in with the other brandies).
  • 2 oz. brandy
  • 1 1/2 oz. apple brandy or applejack
  • 1/2 tsp. apricot brandy
Combine brandy and apple brandy in a shaker with ice. Shake and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Float apricot brandy on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your interest in my Jolly Bartender project. I will do my best to respond as quickly as possible to your request or comment. If you would like to contact me about bartending for your event or setting up a home bar, write to me at nathanwilkinson04@yahoo.com